The Newest Alienwhoop F4 brushed FC V2.1 board is available.
AlienWhoop F4 flight controller is designed by Alienwhoop Team. BETAFPV Hobby and Alienwhoop team cooperate on the newest F4 brushed FC boards for the whoopers all over the world.
AlienWhoop flight controller for Tiny Whoop, Blade Inductrix, Eachine, BetaFPV, and other micro brushed quadcopter frames.
- Choice of the top performing ARM processors:
- High-performance ST Microelectronics ARM Cortex-M4 core F4 168 MHz CPU (safely overclocked to 216MHz)
- Choice of top performing motion processors:
- Invensense MPU-6500 Six-Axis (Gyro + Accelerometer) low power consumption MEMS MotionTrackingâ„¢ Device
- Latest BetaFlight firmware running the ALIENWHOOPF4 target
- Butterflight firmware supported (iNav under final testing)
- Overkill power MOSFETs capable of extreme brushed motor insanity (6mm, 7mm, 8mm, 8.5mm, and 10mm coreless scream)
- Multiple UARTs for receivers and other devices (e.g. LED strip, beeper)
- Dedicated UART with inverter for FrSky and Futaba SBUS
- UART pads on top conveniently located for SmartAudio VTX control
- 8MB onboard lightweight dataflash chip. Analyze your logs to optimize your PIDs and filters
- Note: pilots must supply external receiver. Officially supporting FrSky XM, XM+, R-XSR (SBUS), LemonRX DSM2 and DSMX (SBUS), and FlySky FS-A8S (iBUS) satellites.
Know more details here: https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/wiki/Board---ALIENWHOOP
Acknowledgements: AlienWhoop V2.1 is inspired by AlienFlight F3 Quad Brushed V1
Note: It's important to try the stock settings, especially the PIDs and filters. They have been carefully selected to meet the challenge of optimizing whoop flight. Deviating from the suggested settings can cause unexpected flight behavior or fly-aways.
Based on Blackbox log analysis the tune was greatly improved over the V2! Some settings require the latest firmware features--so we've decided to ship the board with a pre-release of Betaflight 3.4 and settings that performed incredibly well indoors and outdoors with a variety of frames, motors, and props.
- CPU: STM32F405
- Six-Axis: MPU6500
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, fully compatible with the Inductrix quad frame and mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight ALIENWHOOPF4 3.4.0
- Power Cable: 55mm, with JST-PH 2.0 connector, AKA PowerWhoop connector
- With 8M flashdata chip for Blackbox
- Weight: 3.5g
This board supports most serial external receivers via UART3. Officially supporting FrSky XM and XM+ (SBUS), LemonRX DSM2 and DSMX (SBUS), and FlySky FS-A8S (iBUS) satellites.
Newest V2.1 board has integrated the UART inverter for SBUS protocol. So just connect to your Frsky/Futaba receiver normally.
Here is the connection diagram of Frsky XM and Alienwhoop F4 V2 board.
BETAFPV Support Freshdesk for Receiver Configuration.
Join Alienwhoop Team on Discord to hang out and pick up tips from other pilots as you build and configure your AlienWhoop. Building alone can be very frustrating and confusing so do yourself a favor and join the community.
- 1 * Alienwhoop F4 brushed flight controller V2.1
- 4 * M1.2x4mm screws (Fit for stock Inductrix frame)
- 4 * M1.4x5mm screws (Fit for Beta75 etc 75mm frame)
- 4 * Anti-vibration ruber dampers
- 1 * 55mm PH-JST 1.25 power cable pigtail