As the newest generation of X series, Beta85X absolutely is a whoop drone of extreme.
Beta85X initiates a new concept of cine whoop to make the whole flying experience fun in a whoop drone. With HD DVR camera, you can simply capture breathtaking flight footage, record unforgettable memories during any events like a wedding or simply a walk in park.
BetaFPV 85X | 2S / 3S / 4S | First Flights by BGUFF
(Note: The Beta85X in the video is a prototype FPV racing version)
Extreme power & speed compatible with 4S battery, BLHeli_32 16A ESC, EMAX Avan 2" props and 1105 6000KV motors, Beta85X definitely gives you more power and punch, the most thrilling flying experience you've ever had in flying whoop drones. You can rip it in the race, do cool freestyle and even dive a building.
An overview about the Beta85X by Nate.
For more videos about these Beta85X Whoop drones, please check here:
More Overview Videos
Have any questions about Beta85X Whoop drone? Join our group on Facebook:
BETAFPV - Micro FPV Drones and Gears
2S POWER-WHOOP GROUP
Join the online discussion about our X Series Whoop drones at RCGroups.com:
Beta65X Beta75X Beta85X
The smaller brother Beta75X is available too. Get a Beta75X here.
- Beta85X pushes the new era of brushless whoop drones to a higher level. With the new power system, you could fly real acro even with a HD DVR camera in racing or freestyle.
- With the high performance STM32F405 processor FC boards and tuned Betaflight Ominibus 3.5.0 firmware. This is also the first 2" BNF drone that come with BLHeli-32 ESC.
- Durable and light enough frame is customized for the Beta85X. Except the traditional carbon fiber frame, another choice of plastic frame for your 2" props drone.
- Whole drone no soldering or tinkering necessary. Customized lightest 1105 6000KV motors with cable connectors. Just plug and play. EMAX Avan 2" prop is the best combo in this Beta85X drone.
- 450mAh 4S high rate battery is recommend by default. But pilot could also use their own batteries with battery strap. Optional and affordable.
Find more details about this 2S F4 FC board in another page.
- CPU: STM32F405
- Six-Axis: MPU6000
- Size: 26mm x 26mm, whoop mounting pattern
- Firmware version: Betaflight OMNIBUSF4SD (OBSD) 3.5.0
- OSD: Built-in BetaFlight OSD (STM32 controls OSD chip over SPI in DMA mode)
- Smart Audio port is available for radio control VTX
Find more details about this BLHeli_32 ESC board in another page.
- Supports Oneshot125, Oneshot42, Multishot, Dshot150, Dshot300, Dshot600, Dshot1200
- Input voltage: 2S-4S lipo
- Cotinue current: 16A
- Peak current: 25A
- BLHELI_32 Firmware target: BETAFPV-16A-32bit
FPV Camera and VTX
- Output power: 0mW, 25mW and 200mW (Adjustable)
- Smart Audio function is included for radio control
- Antenna: Customized Lumenier AXII antenna
- Frequency: 5.8GHz 6 bands 48 channels, with Raceband: 5362~5945MHz
- Customized EOS2 FPV camera
- TV System: NTSC
- Field of view: 100-120 degrees with 1/3 lens
HD DVR VERSION
The primary purpose of the Beta85X drone is for a cinematic whoop drone. Many polits revamp their Beta75X to HD whoop drone--They add a HD DVR camera on Beta75X drone to get high defination and beautiful flying footage and video. Inspired by this, we want to provide a BNF whoop drone with HD DVR camera by default so that pilot do not need to assemble it by hand and also get more power on punch for acro mode.
Now the Beta85X HD version is here !!!
Inspirations by YKS' footage with Beta75X.
Know more about cine whoop from NURK FPV's blog.
In the Beta85X design, the part of HD DVR is independent from the drone. You could mount or remove the HD DVR part very easy. In default, the drone is come with CADDX Turtle V2 HD camera and the camera tilt is switchable from 25 to 35 degree.
The canopy for HD DVR camera is 3d printing with SLA, which is compatible with Runcam Split Mini 2.
Download the STL File for the HD camera mount.
BLHeli_32 is the 3rd generation ESC firmware after BLHeli and BLHeli_S, which is written for ESCâ€˜s that utilize 32-bit MCU. With the increase in processing power, faster input signals with lower latency and higher update rate would be possible in BLHeli_32, such as Dshot1200!
Beta85X is the first 2" BNF drone that supports BLHeli_32 ESC. With the other power system parts, EMAX Avan 2" propellers and 1105 6000KV motors, it gives you the highest performance in flying experience.
Know more about BLHeli_32 ESC from Oscarliang's blog.
We lost a bunch of prototype drones because of this AXII antenna. Why? The 5.8g VTX signal is still perfect when the RC radio transmitter connection break. This is why we choose this micro antenna for the Beta85X.
Micro AXII 5.8GHz Antenna is the next evolution of the world's most popular FPV antenna, desinged by TrueRC and manufacted by Lumenier.
Know more about Micro AXII 5.8G antennas.
The Beta85X drone also comes with "props out" by default. Why we need "props out" direction?
Default Betaflight props direction, quadcopter dips and "washes out" in hard corners. With reversed props or "props out", no more dipping even in hardest cornering.
Know more about "Props Out".
Which camera is most popular on